Stop the lawsuits, harassing phone calls, wage garnishments, bank levies and foreclosures.
Once you file for bankruptcy in Pennsylvania, a court injunction called an “automatic stay” will immediately take effect.
An automatic stay can protect you
- Creditors are prevented from filing lawsuits against you.
- No more harassing creditor calls. They can no longer call or contact you.
- Your assets are protected and cannot be seized. Your bank accounts and retirement accounts cannot be levied against you.
- Stops the eviction process; your landlord cannot evict you from rental property.
- Staves off mortgage foreclosure; the Mortgage Company or bank cannot proceed with foreclosure of your home.
- And although student loans and tax debts may not be discharged, collection actions on these debts are stayed during the bankruptcy case.
The exception: automatic stays, in bankruptcy cases, will not relieve you of obligations to pay child support or alimony.
So don’t be afraid to answer the phone anymore!
For those contemplating bankruptcy, in the state of Pennsylvania, call Feldman Law Offices to schedule a consultation – 610-530-9285 Let us help you!
Please note: The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Further, prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. The laws change. Each case is different. This blog and website is designed for general information only. The information presented on this site is neither formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.