1. Checking your credit score yourself does not affect the score, but if you apply for a loan or credit card and your score is checked, it lowers your score temporarily. That is the difference between a soft pull and a hard pull.
2. Getting married does not affect your credit score since each person has their own score.
3. Bank account information is not kept in credit reports so bouncing a check will not affect the score.
4. Late utility payments are usually not reported.
5. Library or traffic fines are not reported.
6. Paying credit card bills on time is good for your score. It is a myth that carrying a small balance every month is good for your credit score.