When you decide to end the marriage, it can be very overwhelming. If children are involved, it is important to consider their feelings and fears. Your children need their parents to behave maturely and put their feelings towards each other aside:
- Set the tone and stage for telling them.
- Gather the family together and tell everyone.
- Don’t make one child responsible for breaking the divorce news to the other children, or for keeping your secrets.
- Don’t assume how they will react.
- Assure them it is no fault of theirs and you and your spouse love them, which will never change.
Other considerations children may ask about:
- Maintaining a residence for the child or children.
- Parent responsible if something happens during school hours.
Separation and divorce have a profound impact on families; parents may struggle to take care of the emotional and financial needs of their children and themselves. It is important to have excellent legal representation to protect your rights, as well as the rights of your children, and to make the situation as least stressful as possible. Custodial and non-custodial parents alike may experience extreme anxiety over what they can expect, so they can prepare for their family’s future.
Call Feldman Law Offices 610-530-9285 now!
We’re experienced family law attorneys.